Thursday, February 25, 2010

Get Our Priorities Straight

How About Getting Our Priorities Straight

Prior to this administration, I’ve have always prided myself for supporting my president. I’ve having a hard time now. And I don’t like the feeling.

How can I support someone who is diametrically opposed to what my Dad taught me about fiscal responsibility? He taught me that I pay my bills as I go; that I quickly pay off anything I charge; that I buy only what I need to survive; that just because everyone has it is not sufficient reason to go into debt; that I save for retirement so I won’t be a burden on others; that I help those less fortunate; and that I mind my own business.

If any of us handled our personal finances the way Obama is handling the U.S.’s, we’d be bankrupt, evicted, and facing a life without Dr. Phil or Oprah on TV.
Obama’s devastating lack of executive experiences is painfully obvious. Like the majority of the media, “Newsweek” has always been an Obama supporter. Now, they have also drawn the line at Obama’s failed conciliatory efforts to establish a relationship with many of the so-called ‘rogue’ nations.

The ‘I’m your pal, so let’s be friends’ doesn’t work.

According to ‘Newsweek’, ‘from Burma to North Korea, Venezuela to Iran, the outstretched hand has been met with the clenched fist. Aung San Suu Kyi remains under house arrest in Rangoon, Pyongyang is testing missiles, Caracas rails against gringo imperialism, and Tehran has dismissed a year-end deadline to do a deal on its nuclear program. Engagement has failed and Obama is now poised to deliver on threats of tougher sanctions, as surely he must.’

In fact, Iran now brags that it is a nuclear nation, so my question, as I honestly believe every American’s question should be, will he go for tougher sanctions?

I don’t think so. Boy, I hope I’m wrong, but when I look at the guy, I wonder if he has a backbone; I wonder just what his priorities are. Is he looking after the economy and security of our country?

It doesn’t look that way.

Now, before you call me all sorts of names, then explain to me, like I’m a third grader, so said the guy in movie, why he is wasting his time addressing the BCS selection process when our problems in Irag, Iran, China, Afganistan, North Korea, and Pakistan are much more pressing that football.

What’s that? You don’t know what the BCS is?

For shame. That’s the august body that decides who plays in the major bowl games in football.

Foolish me. I guess I’m making too much of the fact Iran is only an eventual nuclear threat--like North Korea. But hey, football garners more votes than the dingy ‘Dear Leader’ of North Korea.

The BCS decision stunned me. When the world about us is filled with nuclear threats, terrorist crackpots, and tragic disasters, the Obama administration, according to the Justice Department, is considering several steps that would review the legality of the controversial Bowl Championship Series.

Now you tell me, what do you want from a president, someone to build the economy and keep the country safe, or someone who’s got nothing better on his mind than worry about college football or do color commentary at a basketball game? What’s next, Texas football realignment?

Another stunt of his was trying the 9/11 guy in New York. Now he wants to move the trial, but on top of that, Robert Gibbs, Obama’s press secretary said, “Khalid Sheikh—will be brought to justice and he’s likely to be executed for the heinous crimes that he committed in masterminding in killing three thousand Americans.”

Obama granted the terrorist the legal rights of an American. With all this attendant publicity, the terrorist’s lawyer is going to scream to high heaven his client can’t get a fair trial because of the president’s press secretary’s remarks.

Don’t be surprised if our judicial system doesn’t save the killer. Nothing under the present administration would surprise me.

Those of your supporting him, how about coming up with an explanation that will make all of us sleep better.

Thanks.

No comments: